December Pop Up Shop NOW OPEN
Reclaimed Hearts and
Gifts of Freedom
About the Reclaimed Hearts:
By speaking our truths, we reclaim our power.
In the aftermath of the Kavanaugh hearings, I wrote an essay titled, I Was a Promiscuous Teen: An Open Letter to All the Men from My Past. Prior to writing it, I had not understood how my sexual past had influenced my life. I did not know that it had contributed to issues with anxiety, depression, alcohol abuse, feeling like I was never good enough or I never did enough.
I decided to share my essay publicly because as an artist, that is what I do. I dive deep, create an expression, and share it with people. Sharing this particular expression was one of the hardest things I have ever done. With shaking, sweating hands and my heart beating in my chest, I published it online. Almost immediately, my letter started getting shared on social media, and at the same time, comments, emails and DMs began rolling in. Women asked me how I had written their story and thanked me for putting words to feelings that they had not been able to, their entire lives. It was then I realized that I wasn’t alone, I am not unique, and in fact, my story is the same as women all over the world. By the end of October, my letter had been shared over 193,000 and clicked on in every country in the world. Wow.
I then saw an image in my head of a red heart, torn, battered and bruised but pieced back together and beating stronger than ever. I realized that my heart had been exploded into pieces for 30 years and by sharing my truth, I had not only healed my own heart, but enabled healing to begin for others as well. My Reclaimed Hearts are reminders of strength, courage and self-love.
If we speak our truths, we reclaim our hearts. Freedom is ours.
Other items to note:
- The December Holiday Pop Up Shop WILL CLOSE ON DECEMBER 18TH. All order must be in on the 18th to ensure Christmas delivery.
- Each painting is a one-of-a-kind original and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- If you live in the Rogue Valley (or close by), and would rather pick up your painting from me, let me know and I'll wave the shipping cost.
- A percentage of the profits from these 2018 pop up sales will go to Surfrider Foundation for ocean clean up and coastal health awareness.
- Make a purchase from all 4 of my 2018 Pop Up Shops and you'll receive a gift!
A percentage of the profits from these 2018 pop up sales will go to Surfrider Foundation for ocean clean up and coastal health awareness.
Sold out or don't see something for you? There are a few ways to receive early access to and notifications about future MKPG Limited Edition Pop Up Shops:
- Join my mailing list to make sure you never miss out on these sales AND receive 24 hour early access.
- Join me on Patreon to receive Pop Up Shop discount codes, at least 48 hours early access and other cool rewards!